Leslie Medical Practice is a four doctor practice, based at the Leslie Health Centre, covering Leslie, Glenrothes and surrounding area.There are two part-time Practice Nurses, a Healthcare Assistant, four part-time Receptionists, an Administrator, an Office and a Practice Manager. There are also two community nurses and two health visitors who are attached to the practice, based in the Leslie Clinic next door to the practice.
Monday 26th December
Tuesday 27th December 2016
Monday 2nd January
Tuesday 3rd January 2016
Please allow plenty of time in advance of these closed dates for precriptions for both the Surgery to complete them and the Pharmacy to dispense them. If you require urgent medical attention during the times that we are closed please contact NHS 24 by dialing 111 for futher assistance.
Important Patient Notice
New Clinical System
During week commencing 23rd January 2017 we will be changing our clinical system from Vision to EMIS. The majority of Fife GP Practices use this system and we have taken the decision to change in order to be able to work together more efficiently in the future. We are switching to EMIS Web which will allow the practice to move forward with NHS Fife’s primary care technology and improve patient care and increase efficiency. We will do our very best to ensure that our patients continue to receive a good service.
We would appreciate your support and patience over the next few weeks while this transition takes place. This is a major change for the Practice and there may be some disruption to services until we ‘Go Live’ on Monday 30th January 2017.
We will be without a clinical system during week commencing 23rd January and therefore we will have limited access to patient records and all consultations/prescriptions will require to be hand written.
Below are some key points for patients to be aware of:-
- During this week we will only be offering emergency appointments for patients requiring urgent medical care – this will be assessed on an individual basis by our Triage Nurse.
- We will not be able to book any appointments in advance of Monday 30th January until our new clinical system is running.
- We will be manually processing all test results and hospital letters which may take longer than it does currently.
- We will be unable to process any new patient registrations or change of patient details from Monday 16th January until after Monday 30th January.
- Appointments will be limited until Monday 20th February to allow for any problems we may encounter. Triage will be available throughout this time and appointments will be available to book on the day.
- Ordering of prescriptions and booking of appointments through Vision Online Services will stop on Wednesday 18th January. This service will transfer to EMIS ‘Patient Access’ which will be available from Monday 6th February.
It is very important that you make alternative arrangements for ordering your repeat prescriptions during this time. We will be flexible in advance of our changeover date and larger quantities may be authorised to ensure that you have enough medication. We will be unable to process routine repeat prescriptions between the 23rd January and 27th January.
We would like to thank you in advance for your support during this time.